This is a very light, low-fat cake and full of a lemony fragrant.
Try it, then you will fall in love with them.
Makes 8 regular or 12 mini muffins.
- 180g self-raising flour, sieved
- 1tsp baking powder
- 200g plain yogurt
- 120g eggs, beaten
- 120g – 130g caster sugar
- 50g olive oil
- zest & juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 190°C, 170°C Fan.
- Prepare the paper liners on the baking tray.
- Combine the yogurt, sugar, vanilla extract, lemon juice and oil together. Whisk lightly.
- Then add the beaten eggs in 3 stages, whisk well each time. Then add the lemon zest and mix well.
- Mix the self-raising flour and baking powder together and then add into the egg mixture. Mix all together and make sure there are no lumps.
- Fill into the muffin case 2/3 full.
- Bake for about 23 to 25 minutes.
- Insert a stick or skewer into the middle of the muffins, if it comes out clean, then it is cooked. Take them out and let them cool down.
- Serve them with a cup of your favourite tea.