Serves : 4
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 medium size of sliced carrot
- 450g diced butternut squash
- 1 sliced courgette
- 900ml chicken stock or vegetarian stock
- Heat olive oil in a large pan and add chopped onion, crushed garlic clove for few minutes.
- Add oregano, sliced carrots and sliced courgette, stir and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Pour stock into the vegetables and season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 25 minutes, till vegetables are tender.
- Use a stick blender to make smooth.
- Warm through and serve with a splash of cream.
- Serve with home-made croutons or crusty bread.