This gorgeous dessert is simple and easy to make.
Make 12x10cm flans
- 250g plain flour
- 120g butter
- 75g caster sugar ( up to 100g, if prefer sweeter)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 300g soft cream cheese
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1tbsp of icing sugar
- 1 can of Peach, drained and sliced thinly
- 1tbsp apricot jam mix with 1tsp of warm water
- sprig of mint for decoration
For the pastry:
- Rub together flour and butter until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Mix in sugar and beaten egg.
- Gather together to form a soft dough.
- Rest it in the fridge for at least two hours or overnight.
- Roll out the pastry and line the flan cases. Rest in the fridge for another 30 minutes.
- Put a piece of grease paper on each flan and top with baking beans, blind bake them in a preheat oven 200°C/ 190°C Fan oven, for about 15 minutes. Remove paper and beans and bake another 5 to 7 minutes. If the bottom of the cases are golden then they are cooked.
For the filling:
- Mix the cream cheese, icing sugar and lemon juice together.
- Spoon the filling into each cases, top with sliced peach.
- Brush with apricot jam water.
- Put a sprig of mint on top for decoration.
You can use any other kind of soft fruits instead of peach.