This starter is vegetarian but you can make it with mince pork to please the meat eater.
- 100g mince quorn
- 1 can of straw mushroom, drained and finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 1 stick of celery, finely diced
- 3 water chestnut, finely diced
- 1 clove of garlic, finely minced (if prefer the fragrant)
- Few leaves of cos lettuce, washed and drained
- Put 1 tbsp of oil in a hot wok. Stir fry the mince quorn for few minutes until it turns a little brown colour, leave aside to use later.
- Put 1/2 tbsp of oil in the same wok. Stir fry the carrot and celery first for few minutes, then add in the straw mushroom, water chestnut and minced garlic ( if you use it ).
- Stir it all the time for few minutes, add the quorn back to mix all together.
- Season with salt, black peppers, soy sauce and a dash of dark soy sauce. Sprinkle with white wine at the last stage. Take it off heat.
- Spoon 1 tbsp of the filling into each lettuce leaf.
- Serve when it is still hot.