Buttery pastry filled with sweet and tangy lemon curd and creamy mascarpone.
Lemon curd tartlets
- 150g self-raising flour
- 15g ground almonds
- 75g butter
- 45g icing sugar, plus 2 tbsp for filling
- 2-3 tbsp milk
- 175ml home-made lemon curd (see next recipe)
- 125g mascarpone ( 1/2 tub )
- zest of 1/2 orange
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- zest of 2 lemons
- Mix flour and almonds in a bowl. Rub in butter, sift tin icing sugar and bind with enough milk to make a soft dough. Knead lightly; chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C Fan oven/ gas mark 4.
- Roll out pastry and use a 7cm cutter to cut 24 rounds; use to line 2 x 12 fairy cake tins.
- Put 1 tsp of lemon curd into each tarlet. Bake for 12 minutes. Mix mascarpone, orange zest, juice and 1 tbsp icing sugar in a bowl, then spoon onto cool tarts. Sprinkle with lemon zest and dust with remaining icing sugar.
Tips: You can make this pastry in advance, just wrap in a food bag and keep in freezer, can keep for about few months. Next time if you fancy to make it, just need to defrost it, then put the fillings on top, bake it, done!