This recipe can make about 1 jam jar.
- 50g butter, cut into small cubes
- 225g sugar
- Finely grated rind of 2 large unwaxed lemons
- 100ml strained lemon juice
- 3 mediums eggs, beaten
- Place butter, sugar, lemon rind & juice into a pan under a low heat.
- Stir constantly until sugar dissolved completely. Remove from heat and let it cool down for 2 minutes.
- Whisk the beaten egg into the lemon juice mixture.
- Return the pan to a low heat, cook for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Keep stirring and cook until it takes on a slightly thick consistency. Do not boil.
- Take off the heat & let it cool down for 5 minutes but remains warm.
- Prepare a sterile jam jar and pour in the lemon curd. Let it cool down completely.
- Top with a piece of wax disc (usually for jam making) and put the lid on. Keep it in fridge and it will last for few months.
Tips: Or you can try:
Orange curd – Make as for lemon curd, but using finely grated rind and strained juice of 2 oranges and 1/2 unwaxed lemon, you will need 100ml juice in total. cook for 30 minutes.
Lemon & Lime curd – Make as for lemon curd, but using finely grated rind and strained juice of 2 limes and 1 large unwaxed lemon; you will need 100ml juice in total. Cook for 25 minutes.