This is one of the special vegetarian dishes.
- 1 x 420g can of butter beans, drained
- 1 clove garlic, crushed ( optional )
- 1 courgette, grated
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 red chilli, desseeded and finely chopped
- Handful of fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp rosemary
- In a medium mixing bowl, mash butter beans gently to make a paste, or put in a blender, whiz for 1 minute, then add garlic, courgette, lime juice, chilli, coriander and rosemary.
- Season with a little black pepper and stir well.
- Put flour on a small plate and using your hands, divide mixture in bowl into ten, forrm into flat cakes and coat with flour.
- Pop them on a lightly oiled frying pan for 5 minutes each side.
Tips : If you can’t get butter beans, use chick peas or other can beans, it will do the same.