You can make this for your lunch or for your starter, so easy to make.
Mushroom Rice Cake
Serves : 2
- 2 tbsp light olive oil
- 200g mushroom, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp finely chopped flat parsleyor coriande
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh ginger
- 300g cooked white rice
- 1 large egg, beaten
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a pan and fry the mushrooms over a low heat for 10 minutes, stirring all the time. Remove from the heat and transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Add the rice, egg, parsley/coriander, ginger and seasoning and mix well.
- Lightly oil the metal cooking rings or pastry cutters (4 x 8cm). Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan, add the rings, and pack the rice mixture evenly into each ring, pressing down with the back of a spoon.
- Cook over a medium to low heat for 5 to 6 minutes, before carefully removing the rings. Turn the cakes over and cook for a further 5 to 6 minutes, until golden and crispy.
I tried to follow this recipe from one of the main supermarket, but forgot the name.
At the same time, I changed some of the ingredients to suit my personal taste.
So everyone can make it!