This is a very easy way to make biscuits. You can make this with your children and have fun together!
Egg Yolk Cookies 蛋黃酥
- Egg yolks 2
- Icing Sugar 100g
- Plain Flour 168g
- Butter 110g ( room temperature )
- Strawberry Jam 50g
- Put two egg yolks into a bowl, steam it until well cooked. Use a fork to mash them finely.
- Sift the flour. Mix the butter, icing sugar and mashed egg yolk into the flour. Slightly knead into a soft dough. Chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/ gas mark 4.
- Take the dough out from the fridge, roll it out about 1/2cm thick. Cut into any shape with your favourate pastry cutter. Take half of the biscuits and cut out a hole in the middle.
- Brush the biscuits with holes with whisked egg yolk.
- Bake all of the biscuits in the oven until brown.
- Brush jam onto the biscuits without holes on them. Make a sandwich with one biscuit with a hole and one without. Fill up the holes with jam.
Tips: These biscuits are good for children’s tea party, as well as adult’s, of course!