There are so many falafel recipes, but you can use whatever you have to create your own recipe.
This is one of my falafel recipes, lots of nutrition, tastful and good for vegetarians.
- Can of Chickpeas, drained and rinsed about 235g
- Carrot 1 medium size, finely grated
- Ground Cumin 1tsp
- Ground Coriander 1tsp
- Mild Chilli Powder 1/2tsp
- Fresh Chilli 1 ( small size )
- Fresh Coriander or Parsley ( handful ) chopped
- Garlic 2 cloves, chopped ( optional )
- Flour 3tbsp
- Egg Whites 1/2
- Sesame oil 4 – 5 dashes
- Salt and Black Pepper
- Vegetable Oil for shallow frying
- Mix all the ingredients together, except egg whites and vegetable oil. Season well.
- Mix to a coarse paste, adding just enough egg white to hold it together.
- Take a tablespoon of the mixture and with oiled hands, roll into small balls.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and shallow fry the falafel for 6-8 minutes over a medium heat, turning, until lightly browned all over and cooked through.
- Cool down and serve with salad and pitta bread.