This carrot cake is light and healthy. It is so easy to make.
For the cake:
- 200g light brown sugar
- 100ml vegetable oil
- 2 medium size eggs
- 200g grated carrot
- 175g diced pineapple
- 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 275g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicabonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
For the topping:
- 250g icing sugar
- 25ml lemon juice
- 25ml orange juice
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C Fan oven.
- Grease and line one baking tray, about 23x32cm in size.
- Prepare a large mixing bowl and add to it the sugar, oil and eggs. Use an electric hand whisk to whisk until fluffy.
- Add grated carrot, diced pineapple to the egg mixture and combine all together.
- Sieve all the dry ingredients into the mixture and thoroughly mix.
- If the cake mixture is too thick, add a little bit of orange juice or pineapple juice.
- Pour into the prepared baking tray and place onto the middle shelf of the oven. bake for about 25 minutes.
- For the topping: mix the icing sugar and juice together.
- When the cake is done, let it cool down then spread the icing on top evenly.
- Cut it into bite size or rectangle size, then serve.
- If you don’t like the icing, you can use mascarpone cheese or any kind of soft cheese mix with lemon juice too!
- Some people like to use chopped walnut instead of pineapple.