Would you like a speedy and tasty meal after a day’s hard work?
This recipe is specially for you, it is so easy, just use some left over rice.
- 1tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, peeled & finely sliced
- 2cm piece root ginger, grated
- 1tbsp garam masala
- 250g broccoli, cut into small pieces
- 1 medium size carrot, sliced
- 1 medium size courgette, sliced
- 2 Quorn sausages, sliced
- 300g basmatic rice, cooked
- 25g toasted flaked almonds
- 25g sultanas
- handful of fresh coriander or parsley, chopped
- Heat the oil and fry the onion over a medium heat for about 10 minutes. Stir in ginger, garam masala, carrot and quorn sausages. Cook for about 1 minute.
- Add the broccoli, courgette and continue to fry everything for 2 minutes until the vegetables begin to soften.
- Stir in the cooked rice, sultanas, and half the almonds. Season. Then stir-fry for a few minutes until the rice has completely heated through.
- Stir in 2/3 of the chopped herbs. Then spoon onto a plate. Scatter over the remaining almonds and herbs.
- Serve straight away.
- You can use cooked leftover rice, making it quicker to handle.
- But make sure the rice is reheated thoroughly.
- I adapted this recipe from the Morrision magazine, adding a few ideas of my own. You too can include some of your favourate vegetables.