I like soup the most, not only the Chinese soup but the English soup, just like it all.
It is so simple to make, the Chinese soup even easier, boil a pot of hot water, and throw all the ingredients in and cook for few hours.
And the English soup, most of them just cook and blend it, that’s it, done!!!
I like something easy, fast and have lots of nutrition in it, especially it is low GI, it fit into my diet!
- Potato 250g ( skinned and diced )
- Watercress 170g ( washed )
- Vegetable stock 1000ml
- Crème fraîche 2 tbsp
- Salt & Pepper
- Put 1000ml of vegetable stock into a saucepan over a medium high heat, bring to boil. Then add the diced potatoes and cook until soft for about 10 to 15 minutes. It depends on how big of the diced potatoes. I chopped it quite small.
- Add the watercress into the hot stock and keep cooking for another 5 minutes. Be careful, if the watercress cooks for too long, it will reduce the nutrition.
- Then pour the whole lot into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the soup back to the saucepan, add sea salt and freshly grind black pepper, and taste. Don’t forget to add the crème fraîche and stir. It will thicken the soup and make it smoother as well.
- Then you can have a bowl of watercress soup full of nice colour and lots of nutrition.
- You can serve with hot toasted ciabatta.