Since one of the Japanese most popular cartoon: ‘Doraemon’ was on television, this snack was everywhere, because it was the main character ‘Doraemon’s favorite sweet snack.
This is similar to our normal pancake, just two pieces of pancake and with red bean paste filling.
- Egg, (large) 2
- Light brown sugar 70 to 80g
- Honey 1 tbsp
- Water 70ml ( I prefer to use milk )
- Self- Raising flour 130g
- Custard powder 1 tbsp
- 1-3 tsp water to adjust the thickness of the batter
- Red bean paste 250g
- Whipping cream 100g (whipped, keep in the fridge)
- Firstly, crack the eggs in a large mixing bowl, use hand whisk to beat it, add the honey and brown sugar in it and beat it for 2 minutes.
- Add the water and beat it again, now add the dry ingredients in, use the hand whisk to mix it but not beat it, make sure all flour combine to the wet ingredients without any lumps.
- Cover with cling film and rest for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Tear off the cling film and use hand whisk to check the batter’s thickness, if it is too thick, add 1 tsp of water and stir it, if the thickness is just right- I mean like the normal pancake’s consistency.
- Then put the griddle or any flat frying pan on medium heat, slightly grease the griddle or frying pan, add a big dessert spoon of the batter in, and fry 20 to 30 seconds on both side, keep the cooked pancake on a rack and cover with tea towel.
- Now prepare the filling, mix the whipped cream with the red bean paste together until smooth, take on piece of pancake and scoop one table spoon of the red bean paste mixture on the middle of the pancake, and put another piece of pancake on top, use your palm to slightly press down to stick it together, then use the same way to finish all the pancakes.