According to ‘The World Healthiest Foods’:
“Buckwheat is gluten-free, and thus it becomes a quality source of nutrition for people with gluten allergies and Celiac disease. Whole grain buckwheat is an ideal food choice for weight loss dieters and diabetics. Buckwheat has fewer calories per serving than most other grains.One cup of cooked buckwheat groats is only about 155 calorie compared to the 200+ in wheat or barley. Buckwheat is also free of saturated fat and cholesterol, with 5 grams of dietary fiber and 6 grams of proteins in every cup-size serving. The no fat, high fiber and protein composition gives buckwheat the ability to suppress the appetite, control blood sugar, accelerate food transit during digestion, and help build lean muscle mass.”
So, it is a really good ingredient!
Vegetable Stir Fry Soba Noodles
- Soba noodles 2 pack (150g each)
- Bean Sprouts 100 – 150g
- Pointed green cabbage 4 outer leaves
- Carrot 1 large about 80g
- Courgette 1
- Red pepper 1
- Black fungus 1 large ( 10g )
- Chinese dry mushroom 4
- Egg ( beaten ) 1
- Hot chilli bean sauce 1 tbsp
- Loosen the noodles by using a pair of chopsticks.
- Soak the chinese dry mushrooms into a bowl of warm water for few hours, squeeze the water out and pat it dry, then sliced it, marinate with some ground white pepper, soy sauce and sesame oil.
- Put the black fungus into a bowl of warm water and soak it for one hour, cut off the hard bit and sliced it into thin stripes.
- Wash the bean sprouts and tip off the end root, drained and set aside.
- Roughly chop the washed cabbage leaves. Because the cabbage will take a bit time to stir fry, so we need to toss the chopped cabbages in a bowl of boiling water for 2 to 3 minutes until it soft and drain the water, place it in a colander under the tap water, this is the way to keep the green colour of the vegetable and crunchy
- Cut the carrot, courgette and red pepper into a thin sticks.
- Heat a hot wok with 1 tsp of oil, pour the egg in, stir it like scramble egg,then put the noodles in the wok and quick stir fry it for few minutes. Place it on a clean plate, set aside when need it.
- Use the same wok, put 1 tbsp of oil in and turn on the high heat, stir fry the prepared mushroom for 2 minutes until it turn a little bit of brownish, then put the carrot sticks in and stir fry for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Now throw the courgette, red pepper and black fungus in and quick stir fry for about 3 minutes
- Then add the tossed cabbages and cooked noodles into the wok altogether, keep stirring it and put some salt and soy sauce in and quick stir it, now nearly finish , we can put few drops of sesame oil on top.
- Then off heat, done!
- Stir fry usually is quick and cook in a short time, so everything will need to be well prepared before it start to cook.
- If you have time, steam the chinese mushroom after it marinated, it will be more tasty. after it cooled down, keep it into a airtight container and chill in the fridge until you need it. It is quite handy and save time.
- You can use any kind of vegetable, like broccoli, asparagus, fine beans or spinach, etc…
- If you like hot and spicy, you can add some chopped red chilli in.
- You can use the other kind of egg noodle or udon.