This custard sauce is a little bit difference from the runny one, it is a bit thicker than the normal one, but it is good for fruit tart filling, sweet bread filling………
This recipe is from one of my favourite blogger: carol, but I did some changes of the original. So, you can adjust it to suit your personal taste.
Ingredient: ( can make 460g )
- Sugar 40g
- Cheese powder 40g
- Cornflour 20g
- Custard powder 20g
- Egg (beaten) 120g
- Milk 100ml
- Coconut milk 50g
- Butter, melted 100g
- Fresh vanilla seeds or vanilla extract
- Use hand whisk to mix sugar, cheese powder, cornflour, custard powder and eggs into a large mixing bowl.
- Gradually add milk and coconut milk into the mixture, then use spatular to fold the melted butter in and mix well.
- Pour into a saucepan over low heat to cook, keep stirring until the mixture turn to thicker to suit your baking use.
- Off heat, and still use your spatular to fold the custard until it become smooth and glossy.
- Let it cool down and turn out on a large cling film, use cling film to roll the custard like a long sausage roll, wrap it with cling film and store in the fridge for later use. But it is best to use it within 2 to 3 days.
- I will use this custard to make sweet bread and some chinese special cake, keep watching………..