The weather was so miserable today, not in a good mood to do anything.
Now, is the dinner time, I still haven’t got any idea to cook for my dinner. So I just look around to see what I had in my fridge: few slices of bread, a pack of mozzarella cheese, one tomato, a pack of mixed green salad. OK, that’s it, I can make cheese toastie with green salad, just simple as that! I think I’m quite lazy!
Cheese Toastie with Green Salad
- Wholegrain bread 4 slices
- Tomato, (sliced) 1
- Mozzarella 1 pack (125g) (torn into small pieces)
- Mixed green salad 1 pack (100g with watercress and baby spinach)
- Canned peaches (drained) 1 can
- Granny Smith apple 1 ( thinly sliced)
- Spread butter on each slice of bread, ( I prefer not to put butter on mine, because I was on diet). Arrange the sliced tomato and mozzarella on top, then put another slice bread on top.
- Put it onto the heated toastie maker for 2 to 3 minutes until the cheese melted.
- Now, wash all the salad leaves, drained.
- Cut the toastie into half, (triangle or rectangle, or even 4 quarter, that’s totally up to you), put the salad and toastie on the plate, add the sliced peaches and sliced apple on the green salad. I drizzle some of my favourite balsamic glaze on top.
- Then we can snuggle in our sofa, watch TV and enjoy our dinner. Definitely is my lazy day! Perfect!!!