Butternut Squash filled Mushroom
Ingredient: ( serve: 2 )
- Large Portobello Mushroom 2 (cleaned, stalk removed and chopped)
- Butternut Squash 200g (peeled and diced)
- Red onion (or white) 1 small, (finely chopped)
- Garlic clove 1 (finely chopped)
- Olive oil 1 tbsp
- Cream cheese 2 tbsp
- Bread crumbs 50g (blend the stale bread will do)
- Lemon thyme 2 tsp (only leaves)
- Parmesan cheese 1 tbsp ( or vegetarian cheese powder)
- Salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
- Heat one tablespoon of the olive oil in a frying pan and fry the garlic, onion and the chopped stalk for two minutes.
- Then add the diced butternut squash, and cook until it soft, if you use a fork to press down easily, that is done, add the cream cheese in and cook until a little bit sauce left, remember to season it with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Mix the bread crumbs with the fresh lemon thyme together.
- Spoon the butternut squash mixture into the portobello mushrooms, sprinkle the parmesan cheese (I use vegetarian cheese powder) on top of each one, place them on a baking tray and drizzled some olive oil on top.
- Put in the oven for about 12 to 15 minutes until the mushroom soft.
- Transfer the stuffed mushroom onto a serving plate and serve immediately.
- I suggest you mix some roasted pine nuts into the stuffing, it will taste more nicer, but I haven’t got any!
- Serve with green salad and boiled potato, it will be a simple, quick and healthy meal for you, of course delicious as well!