After a light meal on sunday and I still have two-third of the butternut squash left in my fridge. I need to finish it when it is still fresh.
The weather is getting cold now, so I decide to have something to warm me up. This is it: Butternut squash curry, and with my special blended curry powder. It is so yummy!
Butternut Squash and Spinach Curry
Ingredient: ( serve: 4 )
- Butternut squash 800 (more or less, peeled and cubed )
- Red lentil (or brown lentil) 100g (soak in water for about 2 hours, drained)
- Spinach (fresh or frozen) 125g
- Tomato 1 ( quartered )
- Onion 1 ( quartered )
- Garlic clove 2 ( crushed )
- Creamed coconut 30g
- Low-fat yogurt 100g
- Curry powder 3 tbsp
- Fresh ginger 2 tsp ( grated, with the juice )
- Water (or vegetable stock) 500ml
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a large wok over medium heat. Fry onion and garlic for 2 minutes; add curry powder, minced ginger and juice. Stir in butternut squash and red lentils, pour half of the water or stock into the wok. Cover and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Check the liquid is nearly evaporated, add the tomato, spinach and other half of the water or stock, let it cook for another 10 minutes.
- Check the squash and lentils are tender, stir in coconut cream and yogurt. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with boiled rice.