I researched about lots of information to find out how to tailor made my own blend curry powder, because either of them was too strong or too weak. I eager to make my own one for a long time.
I tried and tested so many times before, but still not satisfy! When I nearly gave up, I found one that is quite reach to what I want. When I fried the spices in my kitchen, the room was full of aroma, so nice!
Special blended curry powder
- Coriander seed 4 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seed 4 1/2 tsp
- Cardamom pods 7 to 8 pods
- Fennel seeds 1 tsp
- Cloves 8 to 10 pieces
- Mustard seed 1/2 tsp
- Black peppercons 1/8 tsp ( I used chinese mixed peppercorns )
- Dried red chilli 1 tsp more or less
- Ground Turmeric 4 1/2 tsp
- Dry fry all the ingredients in a saucepan, except the ground turmeric and fresh ginger for few minutes, until you smell the fragrance and the seed start to dance inside, off heat.
- Let it cool down few minutes and blend it in a coffee grinder with the ground turmeric until all turn powder like.
- Keep it into an airtight jar until you need it.
- This curry powder is tailor made for my own taste, so if you can cope of the very hot and spicy, you can double the quantity of dry chilli.
- You can use the above ingredients in powder, instead to fry all the seeds, but I can tell you that it worth it, the smell was so nice when you dry fry them, you will love it. You can make a bigger batch, just double it up.
- Remember, add 2 tsp of fresh grated ginger with the juice when you cook your curry with the curry powder.