Lots of people love to have bread roll come with their breakfast, if you like soft bread, this is it, a light and soft butter roll is specially for you! Enjoy it !
- Strong flour 250g
- Self-raising flour 30g
- Active dry yeast 8g
- Milk powder 20g (you can use full fat milk powder)
- Caster sugar 35 to 40g
- Sea salt 1/2 tsp (use sea salt is more favour)
- Lukewarm water 100ml
- Lukewarm milk 80g
- Butter 40g (keep in room temperature)
- Mix the lukewarm water with the dry yeast together, stir and leave it for about 5 minutes, of course you can use instant yeast, but the quantity reduced to 4g.
- Sieve the strong flour and the self-raising flour together, add salt, milk powder and sugar, mix well.
- Add the yeast mixture into the dry ingredients, use spatular to fold it, gradually add the lukewarm water and fold it all together, (remember adding water should be a little bit at a time, because you may not be use all the liquid, because different brand of flour, how they absorbed liquid is different). I learned it from my favorable blogger: carol.
- When the dough start to form a ball, add the soft butter in and knead it on the floured table, knead it about 10 to 15 minutes until it become smooth and elastic. It might be a bit sticky at the beginning, but you keep knead it and fold it, (need a bit patient, haha), it will turn out nice and smooth. To test the dough is ready to proof, you can tear a little lump of the dough and try to pull slightly from all direction and the dough is like a thin cloth or like muslin. When it pass the test, it can continue the next step.
- Then fold the dough like a ball shape, put it in a oiled bowl and spray the top with fresh water but not much. Place it in a warm place (about 35°C) to proof until it double the size, about 1 to 1 1/2 hour, it really depend on the temperature.
- Pour the dough on the floured table, slighly tab the dough to deflate it, cut the dough into 8 equal portions, and roll them into a ball shape, cover with a clean tea towel and rest on the table for about 10 minutes.
- Deflate it and roll a ball shape again and arrange onto an oiled baking tin, spray the top with a little bit of water and place in a warm place, proof the second time for about 1/2 hour, you can pace it into a warm oven.
- 10 minutes before the 1/2 proofing time finish, take the baking tin out and preheat the oven into 350°F/180°C(fan oven), gas mark 4. And egg wash the bread.
- When the oven temperature is ready, put the bread into the oven and bake for 10 minutes, then turn the temperature down to 325°F/160°C(fan oven), gas mark 3 for another 15 to 18 minutes until it turn to golden brown.
- Cool down on a wire rack.
- This bread was so soft, so maybe a bit sticky to handle, but if you keep knead it, it will turn out smooth and elastic, try not to add a lot of extra flour in, the result will be different after it bake.
- This bread is good for breakfast with soft butter, nice!