Chocolate & mixed nut cheesecake
For the base ingredient:
- Digestive biscuit or ginger nut biscuit 200g ( finely crushed )
- Butter, melted 150g
- Chocolate spread 1 tbsp
- Mixed nuts 1 handful ( toasted and chopped )
For the cheesecake ingredient:
- Low fat cream cheese 200g
- Icing sugar 40g
- Chocolate spread 1 dessert spoon
- Orange juice and zest 1 tbsp each
You will also need 1 x 6″ springform round cake tin, lined with baking parchment.
- Mix the finely crushed biscuits with the melted butter together, gently press down to the bottom of the cake tin with a spoon evenly. Chill in the fridge for 1/2 hour.
- Beat the cream cheese, icing sugar, chocolate spread, orange juice and zest until smooth.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture onto the chilled base, sprinkle the top with some toasted mixed nuts. Chill in the fridge for few hours or overnight.
- If you feel the base are too rich for you, you can skip the chocolate spread, it is fine!
- Put fresh berries on top of the cake instead of the mixed nuts, it look quite nice.
- Better to chill the cheesecake overnight, it will set beautifully. If you having a party, make it the night before, it will save you the time!