I think cooking or baking is always a pleasure moment, especially when you see your family and friends are enjoy it with joy! That’s what I always want to see!
I like to watch the tv cooking programme,because I can learn more and get more tips from them!
One of my favorite chef is Lorraine Pascale. She always create lot’s of the easy and simple cooking or baking. This recipe is from one of her latest programme, I love it and so do you too.
Pear, Almond & Amaretto Tart
For the sweet pastry ingredient:
- Butter 125g
- Plain flour 275g
- Light brown sugar 2 tbsp
- Ground almond 30g
- Egg 1
- Pinch of salt
For the frangipane ingredient:
- Soft butter 85g
- Golden caster sugar 80g
- Ground almond 100g
- Plain flour 3 tbsp
- Egg 1
- Amareto 1 tbsp
For the mascarpone cream ingredient:
- Mascarpone cheese 250g
- Icing sugar 25g
- Stem ginger 2
- Vanilla extract 1/2 tsp
- Pinch of lemon zest
For the topping ingredient:
- Ripe conference pear 3 ( peeled, halve & de-cored )
- Almond flakes few (for the top)
* You will also need one 9″ or 23cm round tart tin.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C(160°C fan oven) or gas mark 4.
For the Pastry:
- Mix all the pastry ingredients together into a blender or by hand. Make it into a soft dough and wrap it with cling film and pop into the fridge to chill until firm.
- Roll the pastry on a tart tin, slice off the excess edge neatly and use a wooden spoon to press the inside of the pastry to make a neat pattern, pop in the fridge, chill for about 30 minutes until firm.
For the Frangipane:
- Use spatular to mix all the frangipane ingredients together, it is a bit soft, that is the right consistency. Spread it in the base of tart tin.
- Arrange the prepared pears on top of the frangipane, put it into the preheated oven for about 45 minutes until the top golden brown.
For the lemon & ginger, mascarpone cream:
- Roughly chop the stem ginger and mix with icing sugar, mascarpone cheese, vanilla extract and pinch of lemon zest, mix it until smooth to serve.
- Of course, you can use the vanilla pod, that is much better than the extract. But try not to use the vanilla essence, that is more like artifical!
- Use the season fruits to get the best taste!
- After the baking time is up, check the bottom of the cake, to see the pastry is cook; if not, put it back to the lower shelf of the oven for another 5 minutes!