Do you know the Pineapple containing large amounts of fructose, glucose, vitamins A, B, C, phosphorus acid, citric acid, and protease and other objects. Sweet and warm, with hot weather thirst quencher, the power of digestion antidiarrheal daylight saving medical food is excellent both seasonal good fruit.
Pineapple nutritious ingredients include carbohydrates, protein, fat, vitamins A, B1, B2, C, protein degradation enzymes and calcium, phosphorus, iron, organic acids, niacin, especially in the highest vitamin C content.
For Chinese, we have an old wives tales: when we finished to peel the pineapple skin, sliced it or cube it, need to soak in a large bowl of salty water for an hour, then serve! But don’t eat too much at a time!
Spiced glazed pineapple
- Pineapple, large 1 (cut into 8 long wedges, skin and core removed )
- Butter 1 tsp
- Lemon and zest 1 ( you can use lime )
- Honey 3 tbsp
- Brown sugar 1 tbsp
- Ground cinnamon 1/2 tsp
- Ground nutmeg 1/2 tsp ( use freshly grated nutmeg, if you have )
- Icing sugar to sprinkle on top
- Mix the lemon juice, zest and 2 tbsp of honey, cinnamon, nutmeg, brown sugar, all together, set aside.
- Heat the butter and 1 tbsp of honey in a sauce pan, add the pineapple and cook in high heat, turning regularly until caramelised. Pour in the spiced lemon sauce and cook for a few minutes more until the sauce thicken, tossing the pineapple to glaze in the sauce.
- Serve immediately with some whipped cream.