I can’t remember when I started to fond of Italian dishes, I just love it, not only the pizza, spaghetti, pasta, lasagna, risotto, dessert, or even the gelato ice-cream, and a good cup of cappuccino, …
And this creamy mushroom risotto is always appear on our dinning table. It is simple and easy to make, but need the time to stand by the stove and keep watching from the start to ending up on the table.
This is one of my comfort food during cold weather, really creamy and yummy!
Creamy Mushroom Risotto – 雜菌意大利飯
- Dried porcini mushrooms 1 tbsp
- Chestnut mushrooms, sliced 200g
- Olive oil 2 tbsp
- Onion, chopped and diced * 1
- Garlic cloves, finely chopped * 2
- Arborio rice (risotto rice) 300g
- White wine * 100ml
- Vegetable stock 1.5 litres
- Butter 20g
- Single cream or crème fraîche 2 tbsp
- Fresh parsley or dried 2 tbsp fresh or 2 tsp dried parsley
- Salt & black pepper
- Grated parmesan, to serve ( or vegetarian version )
* Those item are optional, because some of the vegetarian can’t have them.
- Soak the porcini mushrooms in hot water for 10 minutes, then drain well. Heat the oil in a heavy based saucepan and add the onion and garlic. Fry over a gentle heat for 2-3 minutes, until softened. Add the chestnut mushrooms and fry for a further 2-3 minutes, until browned.
- Stir in the rice and coat in the oil. Pour in the wine and simmer, stirring, until the liquid has been absorbed. Add a ladleful of the stock and simmer, stirring again, until the liquid has been absorbed. Continue adding the stock in this way, until all the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is plump and tender.
- Roughly chop the soaked porcini mushrooms and stir into the risotto, along with the parsley (if you use fresh), butter, crème fraîche and salt and pepper. Serve with freshly grated parmesan or vegetarian cheese powder and the dried parsley.