Thanks to our neighbours, Di, she gave me some of her home grown bramley apples. So I can make some dessert or cakes, This is the first one : Apple crumble.
Classic Apple Crumble
- Bramley apple (cooking apple) 450g (peeled, cored and cut into chunks)
- Brown sugar 50g
- Water 1 tbsp
- Ground cinnamon 1/2 tsp
- Fresh or ground nutmeg 1/4 tsp
For the crumble:
- Roll oats 25g
- Wholemeal flour 45g
- Brown sugar 20g
- Butter 35g (cubed)
- Mixed all spice 1/4 tsp
- Almond flake for sprinkle on top ( Ooops. I forgot to put in)
- Preheat oven to 375°F/190°C/170°C(fan oven), or gas mark 5.
- Put the apples, sugar, water into a pan, cook over a low heat for 5 minutes, add spices and stir well. Off heat.
- Rub the cubed butter into the oats, flour by using your fingertips, until it resembles to a breadcrumbs texture. Add the sugar, and mix through.
- Put the cooked apples into a ovenproof dish or pie dish, cover with the crumble mixture, sprinkle with the almond flakes and mixed spice.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes until the crumble is golden.
- It better serve hot with fresh custard.
- This recipe is adapted from Jamie Oliver.