This easy and simple custard can serve with lots different dessert or cake!
- Semi-skimmed milk 285ml
- Single cream 27ml
- Vanilla pod 1 (or vanilla extract 1/2 tsp)
- Egg yolk 2
- Sugar 15 g
- Cornflour 1 tsp
- Put milk, single cream and vanilla pod with seeds into a saucepan, simmer over low heat, remove the vanilla pod.
- Whisk the yolk, sugar and cornflour together, until all blended with any lumps.
- Pour the hot milk into the sugar and egg mixture, whisking all the time by using a balloon whisk.
- Return back to the saucepan over a low heat and stir with a spatular until thicken.
- Pour the custard into a serving jug, and serve hot.