The weather is getting colder and wetter, not much energy to do anything. The lawn is too wet to mow; outside is too cold for me to clean the window; I felt too tired to mop the floor; the kitchen is a bit mess after baking last night, bla bla bla ……….oh dear, I have lots of excuses for me. :):)
I felt so comfy to snuggle into my armchair with blanket and my hands holding a cup of steaming hot coffee, looking through the conservatory to watch the robin walking up and down in my back garden, and I fall into a dream. So peaceful, so relaxing!
After finish off my coffee, I still don’t want to get up and doing something or find something to cook for my dinner tonight! I know I’m not that organise sometimes, but this is me! Forgive me!
OK! That’s it! Stop the day dream; stop the excuse, GET UP!
Portuguese Curry with Vegetables
- Cauliflower 300g (chopped into chunky)
- Broccoli 200g (chopped into chunky)
- Olive oil 1 tbsp
- Curry powder 2 tsp
- Ground nutmeg 1/2 tsp
- Ground Turmeric 1 to 2 tsp
- Smoked paprika 1/2 tsp
- Vegetable stock 300ml
- Crème fraîche 3 tbsp
- Coconut milk 120ml
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
* You can use frozen cauliflower and broccoli instead of the fresh one.
For thickening: Corning flour 2 tsp + 1 tbsp water
For topping: ( optional )
- Breadcrumbs 4 tbsp, lemon thyme 2 tsp, lemon zest 1 tsp and cheese powder 2 tsp, all mix together
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C/180°C(fan oven), or gas mark 6.
- Put the vegetables in a pan of boiling water, parboil it for 3 minutes, drain it on a colander.
- Put a wok over medium heat, add all the spices and fry for a minute to let the fragrance out, add the vegetable stock and cook for about 5 to 8 minutes, then add the cream, coconut milk, salt and test the taste.
- Add the parboiled vegetables and cook for another 2 minutes, add the thickening. Let the vegetables absorb the curry sauce and cook until thicker, off heat.
- Transfer into an ovenproof dish, now scatter the topping mixtures on top of the curry if you want to put on , then place them into the heated oven for about 5 minutes to bake until the top golden.
- Adjust the spices and the taste to suit you.
- You can put the other vegetables, like aubergine, courgette or potato instead.
- I quite like the topping, but if you don’t like it, that’s is fine, it still taste very nice!