When I first saw Heather Scholten’s recipe, I was not sure about it: add pumpkin into my favourite latte drink, will it work?
Lots of tiny ?????? mark floating over my head!!! But actually it is a popular drink between the fall season. This is my problem, because it is a bit expensive for me to buy from the branded cafe. OK. Why not I try to make at home, I think I can save my money!
I need to say thank you to Heather Scholten and Tiffany they posted a very nice drink to add more colour to this coming Halloween, thanks!
Spice Pumpkin Latte
Ingredient: ( adapted from Heather Scholten )
- Milk 2 cups
- Pumpkin puree 4 tbsp
- Maple syrup 2 tbsp
- Pumpkin pie spice mix 1/2 tsp
- Vanilla extract 1/2 tsp
- Strong coffee or expresso 1/2 cup
Topping ( A ):
- Whipped cream 4 tbsp
- Chocolate powder for dusting the top
- Add the milk, pumpkin, sugar, vanilla and pumpkin pie spice to a small sauce pan over medium-high heat. Bring almost to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add to a blender. Blend on high until the milk begins to froth, about 2 minutes. Divide milk mixture between two mugs.
- Add the coffee slowly down the side so you don’t disturb the milk froth, add a squirt of whipped cream and a pinch of the chocolate powder and enjoy.
Topping ( B): ( adapted from Tiffany )
- Whipping cream 1/2 cup
- Golden granulated sugar 1/2 tbsp
- Pumpkin puree 4 tbsp
- Chocolate powder or cocoa powder for dusting the top
- Use the electric blender to whisk the whipping cream until peak form, add pumpkin puree and continue whisk for few second until all blend and firm.
- Scoop the blended pumpkin whipped cream over the two cups of pumpkin coffee and dust with chocolate powder or cocoa powder, enjoy it.
- You may make one more portion of the pumpkin latte to keep in the fridge for later the day (just same as I did), because it is so nice, you only need to heat them again and top with fresh pumpkin whipped cream.
- If you feel the pumpkin pie spice mix a bit stronger for you, you may reduce the quantity, but I can tell you, it is difference without them.
- For vegan, you can use soya milk, rice milk or oat milk to substitute the normal milk, and forget the whipped cream, you only need to make the pumpkin latte without the cream topping, but make sure to blend the hot milk mixture until frothy. I did try an experiment for my first cup latte without any whipped cream on top. It still so creamy and smell so nice, and I can’t stop for another cup!