Still have one pomergranate left in my kitchen, I want to finish it before it get rotten.
Only one is not enough to make jam, so it is better to make a fruit salad. I like to make it a bit more attractive with some green apples, this combination is so fresh, try it!
Spiced Apple with Pomergranate
- Green apple 2 (skinned, cored and cut into wedges)
- Pomergranate 1 (skinned, seeded)
- Orange 1 (skinned, cut into segment)
- Lemon juice 1 tbsp
- Brown sugar 1 to 2 tbsp ( more or less )
- Ground nutmeg 1/8 tsp
- Ground cinnamon 1/4 tsp
- Water 2 to 3 tbsp
- 1 sprigs of fresh mint leaves for decoration
- Put the lemon juice, brown sugar, ground nutmeg, ground cinnamon and water in a saucepan over a medium heat, cook until it start to bubbly, add the prepared green apple in and coat with all the juice. Let the juice evaporate. Off heat!
- Put on a plate and scatter the pomergranate seeds with the mint leaves on top.