All the halloween party, bonfire night was gone already, but the weather still cold and wet. Looking through the window, see the back garden’s plants need to be trim down and the falling leaves waiting for me to swipe up…………., but you can’t do anything because the wet weather, the mood start to sink down.
Try to find something to do and cheer up, I know that is the smell of baking bread, and the colour of autumn, but those aren’t connect, never mind! Imagine a busy mum making a autumn’s bread in her kitchen, listen to her favourite music, waiting for the bread to come out, such a wonderful picture, do you think so?
What is the autumn’s bread? Of course is the pumpkin’s mustard colour, that was I talking about! This little buns are light, spongy and good of favour!
Ooops, I forgot to take picture of this delicious bun, it is the last one, hehehe🙂
Baked Mini Pumpkin Bun
Ingredient: (make 8 buns)
- Pumpkin Puree 200g
- Strong flour 270g
- Fine semolina 30g
- Instant yeast 3/4 tsp (double the quantity of active dry yeast)
- Salt 1/4 tsp
- Honey 30g
- Milk 20 to 30 ml
- Soft butter 30g
Luckily, I took this picture before they bake in the oven. But unforturnately, it is no more picture……….cause they all gone into our family’s mouth already! It such so yummy!
- Skinned and chopped the pumpkin into big chunk, put on a plate and steam it over high heat for 15 minutes until it turn soft.
- Drain the water from the plate, take 200g of the pumpkin flesh and mash it.
- Put all the ingredients into a large mixing bowl, except the butter. Fold and knead to form a dough like, cut the butter into cube and add into the dough, keep knead it until all combined together, it will take 10 to 15 minutes until it form a smooth and elastic dough.
- Make the dough to form a ball, place in an oiled mixing bowl, spray water over the dough and put in a warm place to proof for about 60 to 90 minutes until double the size, it depends on the room’s temperature.
- Scatter some strong flour on the worktop, take the dough out and deflate it to let the air out by press down the dough.
- Cut the dough into 8 equal portions, roll into a ball shape and arrange them onto a lined baking tray, should carefully leave a gap between them, use a dough knife and coat with a little bit of flour, cut down each dough from the side to make it like pumpkin but make sure not the cut through the middle. (I found out I did make a mistake after baked : I haven’t cut properly into the bun, so they came out just like a usual bun.)
- Press down one pumpkin seed onto the top of each bun.
- Spray water over the pumpkin buns, and put into a warm place to proof for about 45 minutes again.
- Preheat the oven to 360°F/190°C/170°C (fan oven), or gas mark 5.
- Place a tray of hot water inside the hot oven’s bottom shelf, put the tray of proofed bun in and bake for about 18 to 20 minutes until golden.