I don’t know what is ‘pop tart’ mean???? Have you got any idea? Pls, tell me if you know why!
I like to rename it as : flying saucer! Yes, ‘flying saucer’! or UFO 🙂
You can use any kind of jam you like the most, but I prefer to put my home made preserve ( not too sweet ). And the pastry was so crispy, so light, it just crack and melt easily inside your mouth. But if you keep an eye on your slimming diet, you better not to make it, ‘NO, don’t make it’! Because you will end up to finish them easily that’s all I can tell you!
Mini Pop Tart with Apple or Pineapple preserve
For the pastry Ingredient: ( make 10 tarts )
- Plain flour 256g
- Caster sugar 1 tbsp
- Salt 1/2 tsp
- Egg, large 1
- Butter 220g (cubed )
- Milk 2 tbsp (more or less)
- Egg for brushing
For the filling :
- To work with the crust first, sift the flour on a mixing bowl, add salt, sugar and the cubed cold butter, use fingertips to rub the flour into the cold butter until it look like breadcrumbs.
- Break the egg with the milk into a small bowl, add into the breadcrumbs, try to use the liquid to glue together with the dry ingredients together, it will form a dough ball at the end, don’t worry!
- Wrap with cling film and chill into the fridge for about an hour at least!
- To make the fillings, click into the previous post, you can see all the details, or you can use your favourite jam from your pantry, just play around with your creations.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C/170°C (fan oven), or gas mark 4.
- Roll out the pastry into a thin layer about 2mm thick, cut out the twenty pieces tarts by using a 2 3/4″ or 70mm round cookie cutter, only egg wash 10 pieces, put one teaspoon of one of the fillings on the middle of the egg washed pastry, stack the other piece of pastry on top of it.
- Use a fork to press down, seal around the edge, and prick few holes on top of the pastry to let the air out when it bake in the oven.
- Place them on a baking tray and bake in the preheat oven for about 25 minutes until golden brown.
- Take care the filling will be steaming hot if you want to grab it straight into your mouth.