I don’t know why I really fond of making soup all the time, maybe I’m lazy. I like to make few more portions in one go, so I can freeze them in separated containers with individual labels. Any time, if I have limited of time or feel exhausted , I know I still can have some home made soup to fill me up.
Vegetable Chowder is one of my family’s favourite soup . It is creamy, comporting and full of good vegetables that are good for us, Do you know that children can’t recognize that they’re eating vegetables, shhhhh :p
Cheesy Vegetable Chowder
- Potato, medium 4
- Carrot, large 2
- Celery 2stalks
- Onion * 1
- Sweetcorn kernels 1/2 cups ( use fresh or frozen )
- Pumpkin puree 500g
- Fresh ginger 3 slices ( finely chopped )
- Vegetable stock 1000ml ( more or less )
- Milk 1/2 cup
- Shredded cheddar cheese 1 cup
- Smoked Paprika 1/2 tsp ( extra for topping )
- Ground Turmeric 1/2 tsp
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper for seasoning
* I haven’t add in my soup, because I can’t have it.
- Finely chop all the vegetables into small dice include potato, celery, carrot and onion
- Saute potato, celery, carrot and onion in a large saucepan until tender, stir in the other vegetables, ginger, with the vegetable stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Blend the cooked vegetables into few batches with a electric blender. Then back in the saucepan over low heat.
- Add milk and 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese and stir until the cheese melted. Add paprika, turmeric and seasoning, test the taste to suit you.
- Serve warm with your home made oaty sourdough loaf.
- If you want your soup thicker or thinner, you can adjust the quantity of the stock.
- You can add fried diced smoked bacon or chorizo sausage into your soup if you’re a meat eater!