One of my friend ‘B’ gave me this special satay sauce recipe, I just can’t wait to try it.
During the weekend, one of my kid and me are very busy around in the kitchen, washing, chopping, cooking and lots of the time chatting………, it is fun to talk with them, because you’ll know more about them, and suddenly you’ll recognise they’re growing up gradually. But still my baby, hehe.
Sorry, talking too much! Back to the recipe, I think you will love this colourful dish with the special sauce. You can make more batches of the sauce and keep in a sterilized jar, it can marinate meat, or use for the barbecue dipping sauce or add to any stir fry vegetables.
Vegetables with Special Satay Sauce
For Satay Sauce Ingredient:
- Crunchy peanut butter 4 tbsp
- Coconut milk 4 tbsp
- Soy sauce/ Fish sauce 1 1/4 tbsp (use soy sauce for vegetarian)
- Brown sugar 3 tsp
- Fresh lemon juice 1/2 tsp
- Ground lemon grass 1/4 tsp
- Ground turmeric 1 1/4 tsp
- Curry powder 3 tsp
- Hot chilli powder 1/2 tsp (more or less)
- Five spice powder 1/2 tsp
- Tamarind paste 1 1/2 tsp
- Mix all the ingredients together thoroughly and spoon into a sterilized jar, use between 2 months and keep in the fridge.
For the mixed vegetables ingredient:
- Garlic * 1 clove ( finely chopped )
- Carrot 2 ( about 250g, sliced )
- Celery 2 stalks ( cut into 1 inch long )
- Sugar snap 1/2 pack ( about 100g )
- Courgette 1 ( sliced )
- Red pepper 1 large ( cut into triangle shape )
- Onion * 1 ( roughly chopped )
- Ginger 2 to 3 slices
* I didn’t put garlic and onion, cause I can’t have it.
- Put 1 tbsp of light olive oil in a nealy hot wok, add onion in and stir fry for 2 minutes, add garlic, ginger and keep stir it to let the favour out, add the sliced carrot in for 3 minutes first and keep stirring.
- Add all the other ingredients into the wok and keep stirring it, then add about 2 to 3 tbsp of the special satay sauce and mix with all the vegetables together, add salt and test the taste to suit you, I don’t think you need the thickening, because the satay sauce was quite thicken, but if yours are thinner, you can add the mixture of 1 tsp of cornflour mix with 1 tsp of water, it will make the sauce thicker.
- Then off heat and better serve hot.