Cirtus Lemon Curd 檸檬醬
You don’t know how much I love LEMON! It appears in lots of my cooking, baking or drinks……….., and it even cure my cold and sore throat!
Lemon Curd for pie or other dessert filling, even for spread on sliced toast.
- 50g butter, cut into small cubes
- 200g sugar
- Finely grated rind of 2 large unwaxed lemons
- 100ml strained lemon juice
- 3 mediums eggs, beaten and sieved
- Place butter, sugar, lemon rind & juice into a pan under a low heat.
- Stir constantly until sugar dissolved completely. Remove from heat and let it cool down for 2 minutes.
- Whisk the beaten egg into the lemon juice mixture.
- Return the pan to a low heat, cook for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Keep stirring and cook until it takes on a slightly thick consistency. Do not boil.
- Take off the heat & let it cool down for 5 minutes but remains warm.
- Prepare a sterile jam jar and pour in the lemon curd. Let it cool down completely.
- Top with a piece of wax disc (usually for jam making) and put the lid on. Keep it in fridge and it will last for few months.
Tips: More various:
- Orange curd – Make as for lemon curd, but using finely grated rind and strained juice of 2 oranges and 1/2 unwaxed lemon, you will need 100ml juice in total. cook for 30 minutes.
- Lemon & Lime curd – Make as for lemon curd, but using finely grated rind and strained juice of 2 limes and 1 large unwaxed lemon; you will need 100ml juice in total. Cook for 25 minutes.