Lemon Curd Tartlet
I did promise that I will bake something with my cirtus lemon curd, so, this is it now! The pastry was so crunchy without prebake (blind baked), easier and save time!
But, one thing is : I don’t know how to make the latticework properly, :p
Lemon Curd Tartlet 檸檬撻
For the pastry Ingredient: Make 6 to 8 tartlets
- Plain flour 200g
- Caster sugar 50g
- Salt 1/8 tsp
- Butter 110g (cubed)
- Egg 1 (beaten0
For the filling:
- Sieve the flour into a mixing bowl, add sugar, salt and beaten egg, rub the cubed cold butter into the flour mixture with your fingertips until it form a breadcrumbs like.
- Press it to form a dough, wrap with a piece of cling film and chill in the fridge for about an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C/160°C (fan oven), or gas mark 4.
- Roll out the dough on a slightly floured table, use a cookie cutter and cut out the pastry and press down onto the greased tartlet moulds, trim the edge.
- Fill with lemon curd but don’t put too much ( just 80% full ).
- If there is any pastry left, roll out and cut into thin stripes, lay on the top of the tartlet, like lattice pattern, but you can lay it like mine, a bit lazy, but never mind, they still look nice! 😛
- Bake in the preheat oven for about 15 minutes then take the tarts to lower shelf and bake for another 15 to 20 minutes, until golden brown. And cool down on a wire rack, then serve warm.
- There are so many varieties of fillings for this sweet tart, like jam, apple preserve, pineapple preserve, custard cream with fresh berries, etc…
- It is not necessary to make the lattice on top of the tart, it still good to eat anyway!