Sautéed Broccoli Stems with Oyster Mushroom
I used two different ways to cook this dish: Steam and Sautéed!
Steam : Usually, I like to steam my vegetables, it is better than boil, tastier and keep the best nutrition.
Sauté is one of the cooking method, it is so popular in chinese cooking, is quick and easy, don’t need much oil to cook, so it is more healthier.
- 1 pack of sprouting broccoli stem, 200g
- 1 pack of oyster mushroom, 200g
- 3 small carrots, peeled
- Few sprigs of fresh coriander
- Handful roasted cashew nuts
- Sea salt and freshly grind black pepper
For the dressing: 2 tsp balsamic vinegar and 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- Wash and trim the sprouting broccoli and oyster mushroom, drained. Pat dry the mushroom on a kitchen towel.
- Peel and wash the carrots, put into the steamer with boiling water, and come with the broccoli for 4 minutes until tender, off heat. Open the lid.
- Sautéed the oyster mushroom in a saucepan with 1 tsp of oil, stir it for 1 to 2 minutes until it soft, add the steamed broccoli and carrot, stir quickly with the salt and black pepper, off heat.
- Transfer to a serving plate and drizzle with the dressing, put the cashew nuts on top, Serve!
- Well prepare all the ingredients on hand, so this dish only take few minutes to finish.
- Or you can use any kind of vegetable, like ‘pok choy’, still a good combination with mushroom.