Beetroot & Chocolate cupcakes
Such a temptation! Such a scrumptious cake! Such a fascinating cupcakes! Don’t know how to use a suitable word to describe it! I beg you will feel the same way with me! Trust me, I haven’t try this best and moisture cake before, that’s all I can say!
The secret of this cupcakes is the main ingredient : beetroot! It make the whole cake so rich and moist. The other ingredient is the dark chocolate, use the good quality chocolate will make a big difference, and this two combination meet together, they make a good companion and close friends.
This moist and indulgently fudgy, reminiscent of a chocolate brownies will call you to try them, they won’t last long, so better to make more, in case someone feel disappoint!
When I saw this recipe, I knew that I must make it again, so I decided to make more batches! More & More………… I think you will!
Beetroot & Chocolate cupcakes
For the cake ingredient:
- 250g good quality organic dark chocolate (70% cocoa )
- 100g dark muscovado sugar
- 100g golden caster sugar
- 80g unsalted butter
- 170g vegetable oil ( I use 1/2 oil and 1/2 natural yogurt )
- 3 large organic eggs
- 150g self-raising flour
- 250g cooked beetroot, blended in food processor, (not preserved in vinegar)
For the chocolate ganache:
- 200 g good quality organic dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 120 ml whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180C/160C fan/gas 4. Break 250g of the chocolate into chunks and keep 100g to put to one side.
- Melt the butter, add oil and the chopped chocolate together in a heatproof bowl sat over gently simmering water. Make sure the water beneath does not touch the bottom of the bowl.
- Whisk the 3 eggs together with the sugar. Add the melted chocolate and butter and mix until smooth. Let it cool down for 5 minutes first, then add the remaining chocolate chunks and mix thoroughly. (This make the cake more texture.)
- Sift the flour and salt over the mixture and fold it together. Carefully fold the minced beetroot into the mixture being careful not to over mix.
- Spoon the mixture into paper cases sat in an appropriate cupcake tray and bake for 15 minutes to 17 minutes. Don’t be tempted to over bake the cupcakes, part of their fascinating is to have a moist fudgy brownie like.
- To prepare the chocolate ganache: Add the chocolate to the whipping cream and melt in a heatproof bowl sat over gently simmering water. Once the chocolate is melted and the ganache is smooth put to one side to cool. Once cool and beginning to firm up, pipe or spoon the ganache onto the cupcakes. For extra finishing touch: dusted with cocoa powder on top of the cupcakes.
- Wow, can’t wait any longer to eat it.
- I did make some changes of the original recipe, one of the benefit was reduced the quantity of the butter and exchange to vegetable oil and natural low fat yogurt, it should be lower the fat content. But if you like all butter, that’s fine!
- And use the black chocolate was better than the milk chocolate or white chocolate, it is less sugar content as well, and I reduced the quantity of sugar from 250g to 200g, but it haven’t affect the taste of the cake, it still so declicious!