Curry Mixed Vegetables
Actually, all the mixed vegetables is a bit of everything left over in my fridge, and I want to finish all before they get rotten. And today was sooooo cold, when I and my hubby went for a walk (try to do a bit exercise) in this morning, it was freezing outside! My toe were alright, they kept warm by a new pair of woolly boots ( I got it from my hubby this christmas), but my fingers all turn nearly purple (of course I put on my double layer of gloves already), but still so cold. So we just finished walk for about two hours, then walk back to home. But, you know what, when we walked back, I started to feel sweat, that’s better! That’s why we need to do more exercise (to keep warm)!
So, I want something to eat and make me warmer, that must be a big bowl of curry! Luckily, still have some vegetables left sitting in the fridge, and I still got some home made curry powder left from last time!
Ok, tonight’s menu is curry mixed vegetables, job done!
Curry Mixed Vegetables
- 50g Portobello mushroom, chopped
- 500g Sweet Potato, peeled and chopped chunky size
- 100g Fresh tomato, quartered
- 170g Firm tofu, cubed
- 90g Frozen sweet corn
- 500g New potato, chopped big cubed
- 1 little gem lettuce
- 2 Onion, chopped (I didn’t add in)
- 1 clove of garlic (I didn’t add in)
- 400ml Vegetable stock, (can be less, but I like more curry sauce)
- 1 1/2 tsp Curry powder (that’s only I got left, it can be added to 3tsp or more)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat 1tbsp of light olive oil in a big saucepan or wok, stir fry the onion and garlic first until it turn slightly brown, add curry powder and fry for about 2 minutes until you can smell the fragrant of aroma, then add potato and sweet potato, cook them for about 5 minutes, until the potato turn a little bit brown by the edge.
- Then, add the remaining vegetables in (except the gem lettuce) and stir, pour the stock in and cover with a lid, let it boil first and turn down the heat, let it simmer for about 20 to 30 minutes, then put the gem lettuce on top, cover the lid and cook another 2 minutes.
- Add seasoning and use a fork to test the potato is cook or not. If it is cook, off heat!
- For part of Chinese’s religion, we can’t have onion or garlic in out meal, that’s why I always skip it in my recipe. But anyone like it, just add in to add more flavour.
- Keep the gem lettuce for the last, it only need 1 or 2 minutes to cook and keep green.
- We can use any kind of vegetable to make curry, it hasn’t any rule to follow, just follow our mind and fond of our own like.