Tofu cheese cake (豆腐芝士凍餅) – Healthy Option
Oh dear! Forgot to take photo, but this is the last portion that I have. Sorry, better than nothing, right?
This is a skinny recipe and a skinny cheesecake, definitely benefit for my health and fit in my diet plan perfectly!
Around the christmas and new year time, my diet plan ruined compeletly, possibilly and definitely! But that is only once a year, so ….. never mind!
I did lots of experiments to find out which setting element can replace the gelatine to set the mousse cake or cheesecake. And this one ‘ AGAR-AGAR POWDER’ seems the best one that I had tried. If someone knew the other ingredient can replace it, please let me know!
It look like a block of snow, silky, smoothly and actually so yummy! You won’t feel any guilt to have one more slice.
- 150g Cream cheese ( keep in room temperature )
- 50g Caster sugar
- 300g Milk
- 2 tbsp of vegetarian agar-agar powder
- 100g Silken tofu ( keep in room temperature )
- 1 tsp Lemon zest
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- Preheat a 6″ mousse ring or dessert ring, wrap a piece of cling film around the bottom of the ring outside, place on a flat plate.
- Use a spatular to loose the cream cheese in a mixing bowl, add the sugar and mix well, place on a saucepan with hot water simmering over low heat, make sure the mixing bowl won’t touch the hot water.
- Put the agar-agar powder into the cold milk and stir under dissolve, move the cheese mixture away from heat and add the cold milk mixture and stir well and add the lemon zest and lemon juice, then back to the heat and keep stirring. Use a sieve to press the tofu through into the hot milk. Make sure stir it until not any lumps.
- Put over the heat again, keep stirring until the batter thicken and off heat,
- Pour into the prepared ring, let it cool down and chill in the fridge for at least few hours or better overnight.