Black Sesame Seed, Tofu Cheesecake Pudding
Thanks for one of my friend:Sarah , who gave me this recipe. She made this cheesecake before, and it looked so yummy.
One of this cake’s advantage was you can make it without an oven, you can make it even you haven’t got a proper oven temporary. Go for it and have a try, The cheese layer set so beautifully in the middle, and top up with a layer black sesame seed mixture, make it look so match. Actually the whole cake was so healthy and low fat, low calories and low carbohydrate. Because this recipe was the first time I made it, so I better make a small size, only 16cm round. But definitely I will make a larger size for the next family gathering.
Do you know black sesame seed got lots of good advantages for our health, sesame contains several notable health-benefiting nutrients, minerals, antioxidants and vitamins that are essential for wellness. Especially Vitamins E, mono-unsaturated fatty acid oleic acid, which comprise up to 50% fatty acids in them. Oleic acid helps to lower LDL or “bad cholesterol” and increases HDL or “good cholesterol” in the blood.
The seeds are an also very valuable source of dietary proteins with fine quality amino acids that are essential for growth, especially in children. Just 100 g of seeds provide about 18 g of protein. The seeds are incredibly rich sources of many essential minerals. Calcium, iron, manganese, zinc, magnesium, selenium, and copper are especially concentrated in sesame seeds. Many of these minerals have a vital role in bone mineralization, red blood cell production, enzyme synthesis, hormone production, as well as regulation of cardiac and skeletal muscle activities.
Herbal doctor said always add black sesame seed into our daily meal will get the detox of our whole body ( kidney, liver ). But not only that, it was also good for our skin, and help someone on slim diet.
Today, I am going to make it into little pudding bottles, those bottles such so cute!
Black Sesame Seed, Tofu Cheesecake PuddingFor the Cheesecake base Ingredient: ( make 6 ramekins or 8 little pudding bottles )
- 85g Graham cracker,
- 30g Butter, melted
For the top layer:
- 2 tbsp Black sesame seed powder ( I only have the paste, that’s will work too )
- 200ml Semi-skimmed milk ( or use alomd or rice milk )
- 1/2 tbsp Sugar
- 3 g Konjac powder ( 蒟蒻粉 specially for vegetarian to make jelly )
For the tofu cream cheese middle layer:
- 200g Low fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 40g Caster sugar
- 200g Silken tofu, drained
- 180g Whipping cream
- 20g water
- 7g Konjac ( specially for vegetarian to make jelly )
- For the base: Bash the graham crackers in a plastic bag with a wooden rolling pin until it form like breadcrumbs. Melt the butter in the mircowave for 20 seconds, add it into a mixing bowl with the graham crackers, mix it all together and spread into ramekin mould or some little pudding glass bottom, press down evenly on the base, chill it in the fridge.
- For the tofu cheesecake filling: Let the cream cheese sit for room temperature for later to use. Drain the tofu with a clean tea towel put underneath the tofu to absorb the liquid, let it dry and mashed it.
- Put the konjac powder and water oven a simmering hot water and stir it until the powder melted.
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar by using the electric hand whisk until smooth, add the mashed tofu and whisk it to well incorporated without any lumps.
- Use the electric whisk to whisk the whipping cream to peak form ( test it by holding the whisk, and the cream can’t drop off and form a hook like , it is the peak form ). add 1/3 of the cream into the cheese mixture, use spatular to fold it, and add the remaining cream into the cheese mixture, fold into a smooth batter like, add the melted konjac liquid into the cream cheese mixture quidkly and mix all thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture onto the biscuit base and tap the mould on the table for few times, chill it into the fridge for 3 hours.
- Now for the black sesame seed topping: Put all the ingredients into a saucepan over a medium heat, let the sugar melted and off heat, let it cool down.
- Pour the black sesame seed mixture over the set cheesecake, chill for about 1 to 1 1/2 hour, that all the work done, Serve.
- Try to buy the silken tofu, it is smoother, but if you can’t find the silken one, you better sieve the firm tofu first before you mix with the other ingredients, the the cake will be more smooth.
- When cook the black sesame seed powder, sugar and konjac powder, off the heat as soon as possible when they all melted. That was a good advise, because I cooked them a bit too long, the mixture turned into like a paste, when I pour over on top of the cake, it was not that smooth, they turn into lumpy. But the taste still so good.
- The konjac powder can buy it from Chinese supermarket.
- If you want to make a cake rather than a pudding, the konjac powder quantity in the cream cheese should add up to 10 to 15g.