Vegan Raspberry Jelly ~ 覆盆子果凍
I think I did explain this Konjac jelly powder before, it is a bit different from the plain Konjac powder. it’s good for making jelly.
Konjac jelly powder (蒟蒻果凍粉) is good for making jelly, but Konjac powder 魔芋粉 or 蒟蒻粉 ( also known as Konjac Glucomannan powder ) is the type of starch thickener, like the cornstarch, it is natural, odorless soluble fiber that is found in the konjac plant. The konjac Glucomannan is the most viscous food gum in nature. It has about ten times the viscosity than cornstarch. But it is not like cornstarch, which does not contain starch and sugar, it does not have calories.
Have you heard of ‘Miracle Noodle’, that is made of Konjac powder, it is pure soluble fiber, no fat, no sugar, no starch, it is also gluten free and wheat free. It is good for someone on a slimming diet plan. You can have as many as you want and without worry about the calories and the cholesterol.
Ingredient: ( make 6, 3″ jelly mould )
- 350g Water
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 3 tbsp Konjac jelly powder 蒟蒻果凍粉 or Agar Agar
- 12 Fresh raspberries
- Mix the sugar with jelly powder or agar agar together.
- Put the water into a saucepan over medium heat, let it just boil and add the sugar mixture in and whisk until all melted.
- Slowly pour into the jelly mould and add two raspberries in each mould, it can set in the room temperature without chill.
- I used the Konjac jelly powder 蒟蒻果凍粉, it can set easily in the room temperature. you can buy it from the Asian supermarket.
- Mix the sugar with the jelly powder can prevent the jelly powder to form a lumpy in the room temperature and easily melt in hot water.
- Except the raspberries, you can put your favourite berries, and you can put as many as you want.
- It can mix with fruit juice as well, the liquid quantity should be the total amount to 350g (as the recipe above).