Mini Key Lime Pies
I want to make this key lime pie for a long long time, but mostly the recipe were too fatty and far too sweet, it always let me down!
I was so surprise to find this recipe, and I think it is the time for me to make it. And I still need to have some changes to suit me. I know that I always like to change something….that is me!
Mini Key Lime Pies (Adapted from BBC)
Ingredients: ( I made 23 mini size )
- 1 1/2 cup (135g) graham cracker crumbs, crushed (about 18 graham crackers )
- 3/4 stick (85g) butter, melted
- 3 Large egg yolks
- 1 x 400g Can of light sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup Fresh lime juice ( I added one tbsp more )
- 1 1/2 tablespoon key lime zest
- 2/3 cup (160g) fat free Greek yogurt or cream cheese ( I used yogurt )
- Cream cheese and lime zest for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C/160°C(fan oven), or gas mark 4. Prepare 23 to 24 small foil cup, I saved some mince pie foil cases from christmas time, that was quite useful for mini tart cases.
- In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter. Press down into the bottom of the foil case. You can chill in the fridge for couple of hours. But I just left them in the kitchen, because the weather was so cold and still snowing.
- In a separate bowl, combine egg yolks, condensed milk, lime juice, lime zest, and greek yogurt. Mix well. Fill foil cases about 3/4 of the way full, and bake for about 15 minutes. Cool, and decorate as desired. I added a little cream cheese and lime zest on top.
- You can adjust the sweeten by adding more condensed milk or not.
- I added a bit more lime juice, so it got a bit tangy flavour, that’s what I like it. So if you don’t like it, you can adjust it by yourself before bake in the oven.