Kale, Lentil and Quorn sausage Soup
This is one of the favourable soup that I always love to make. one of my comfort food. It is full of protein, full of flavour, full of good nutrients.
What kind of meal is the easiest and fastest to make, I think it must be the SOUP.
It can be vegan friendly if you skip the quorn sausage, use tofu or tempeh instead.
Kale, Lentil and Quorn sausage Soup (vegetarian)
Ingredient: ( serve 8 )
- 1 1/2 cup dried Lentil, washed ( I used red and brown lentil, both )
- 2 Vegetarian Quorn sausages, sliced
- 2 Medium size Carrot, diced
- 2 Celery Stalks, Diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced ( I didn’t use )
- 1 medium Onion, peeled and diced ( I didn’t use )
- 1 Chilli pepper, finely chopped
- 1 or 2 tinned Chopped tomatoes
- 1 pack of Fresh kale, washed
- 2 pt of Mushroom stock
- Salt and Black pepper to season
- Vegan Parmesan cheese for sprinkle the top
- In a large saucapen, add the onion and garlic ( if you use it ) ,with the diced carrots, celery, and sliced sausages, cook for few minutes until the vegetables get soft.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, chilli pepper, kales, lentils, come with the mushroom stock, and bring to the boil, reduce the heat and let it simmer for about half hour and more until the lentils are tender.
- Taste, and adjust the seasonings as your desire.
- Serving warm with sprinkle with vegan parmesan cheese on top.
- You can use any kind of vegetables that you got but I perfer the kale for more nutrients.
- This soup can freeze well, so I doubled up the quantity and freeze half of it for some of your lazy day. :p
- Skip to use the quorn sausages, it will be for vegan as well.
- Enjoy it!