Pandan Chiffon Cake
This is one of the most popular cake in South-East Asia, I think lots of blogger made it before, our family love it the most.
Pandan extract, I bought it from Hong Kong, so I’m not sure where to get this from England. But anyway, you can use vanilla extract or other kind of extract will do the same result. But one thing I can tell you, if you have the fresh pandan leaves, make the juice from the leaves, definitely won’t be the same. So, if you can get it, make the juice by yourself, it mostly worth it.
I wish I can find the pandan plant, so I can grow it in the garden and I can make it any time that I want. If any of you can tell me where can I buy the plant from England, I will deeply appreciate it. Thanks! 🙂
This is such a delicate cake, so nice, so yummy, but careful, it would be so quick to finish all. Every time I made it, we just couldn’t stop to eat it until we finished all. That’s why I need to make a large size. The tin that I used was 22cm diameter and 9cm deep.
The way to make this cake was to separate the egg first, whisked the egg whites to stiff form then fold 1/3 of it into the egg yolk mixture, not too quick, just lightly fold in, then fold all the whites in, mixed all to well combine, pour into the cake mould, then bake. SERVE! How easy was that!
Pandan Chiffon Cake
Ingredient: ( serve : 10 )
- 260g Plain flour/All purpose flour
- 2 1/4tsp Baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 6 Eggs, separated
- 225g Caster sugar
- 112g Vegetable oil
- 168ml Coconut milk
- 2 1/4 tsp Pandan extract
- 1 1/4 tsp Cream of tartar
- Preheat the oven to 320°F/160°C/140°C (fan oven), or gas mark 3.
- Whisk the egg whites with the cream of tartar together, until it turn firm/still form.
- Put the egg yolks, coconut milk, pandan extract, sugar, vegetable oil together, until fluffy.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder and pinch of salt. Fold the egg yolk mixture into flour mixture.
- Then fold 1/3 of the whisked egg whites at a time, fold it until well combined.
- Pour into the baking tin, without greased nor lined.
- Bake into the preheat oven for about an hour until cooked.
- Take the cake out from the oven and turn it upside down straight away with the cake tin.
- Let it cool down, then serve!
- Please, pay attention at the highlight words that in the method, those are so important step, also the secret of this kind of chiffon cake.
- If you can’t find the pandan extract, use the vanilla extract or any kind of extract instead, it will have the good result.
- Remember to use a dry clean and non-greased bowl to whisk the egg whites, that’s will be easy to reach the deserve form.