Quinoa, Kale Warm Salad with Thai Dressing
I suppose all of you can make your own salad, so what’s this exceptional? Yes, this particularly appetizing Thai salad dressing is what I want to share with you all.
The cold weather slipped in all over England already, but I feel it is not autumn or fall temperature, it just so cold for me, I will say it is winter not autumn, although the trees still have the green on it.
And all the winter fruits and vegetables appears all over the farmers market stalls and the chain supermarket, like the Bramley apples, pears, winter squashes, root vegetables, kale of course, etc.
I was so lucky to get the bargain price for a bunch of dark green kale ~ Cavolo Nero on the market, I took three quarters of the kale to make the Mediterranean Soup with Cavolo Nero already, and left one quarter to make this warm salad today.
In this cold weather and we truly wanted something warm and healthy to consume. We need some warmer and healthiest meal for us.
Today, I fancy some light but a little bit spicy and warm for my salad, then come out with this fantastic, delicious, healthy recipe, it’s full of lots good nutrition ingredients to fulfill my appetite! Viola !
Everyone creates their own salad, they know the salad dressing are the main and important part of it. This time, I choose the Thai dressing, because I love Thai food but without too spicy of it. So if someone like so spicy like you, add a bit more ginger and chilli, adjust to your own liking.
Quinoa & Cavolo Nero Warm Salad with Thai Dressing
Ingredient for The Thai Dressing: ( serve 2 )
- 1 1/2 tbsp Crunchy or Smooth Peanut Butter
- 1/2 tsp Light Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Rice Vinegar ( more or less after you test the taste )
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- 1/2 Lime, juice only
- 1/2 tbsp Grated Ginger or ginger juice ( I use grated ginger )
- 1/2 tbsp Agave nectar
- 1/2 of Fresh green chilli Jalapeno, finely chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper for seasoning
Ingredient for the salad:
- 1/2 cup Red Quinoa, prepared according to the package direction
- 2 Stems of Kales, finely chopped ( I use all the stems and leaves in the recipe, if you don’t like the stems, just ignore it )
- 1 Carrot, grated
- 1/2 cup Frozen Edamame, defrosted
- 1/2 cup Fresh Coriander/ Cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 cup Cucumber, cubed
- 1/2 cup Roasted or Toasted Walnuts
- 1 tbsp Toasted Black sesame seeds
- For the Thai dressing: Mix all the ingredients together, test the taste for your own like, set aside.
- For the Salad: Cook the quinoa according to the package direction, put on the salad bowl. Toss with all the rest of the ingredients until well combined. Pour the Thai dressing onto the salad, SERVE! 🙂
Note: It is a simple and easy to prepare salad, only take a few steps and not many ingredients to chop. It can made from scratch, use whatever you like in the salad. Just mix and match, fun! Only the dressing play the main part. Wish you all like it. Highly recommended personally! 🙂