Home-made Pumpkin Noodles + Stir-fried Noodle with Beansprouts
This recipe supposes I post out before the Halloween day and after the ‘ classic pumpkin pie ‘, but I totally forgot and left it sat alone in my draft box.
Today I’ll like to make my own pumpkin flavoured pasta , because I want to finish off my pumpkin puree :p ( that’s a bit left over from the last post ) and it gives the pasta a bit more interesting but natural and without any addiive.
Perhaps you can easily find the way to make your own pasta, maybe you’re the professional one already! 🙂
Also, I make up another dish for tonight’s dinner as well, it still follows my role: simple and easy , just stir-fried noodles with a pack of fresh beans prouts, you can add some scramble egg in or add more veggies for extra. But I like it plain this time, with one of my favourite sauces: Sweet chilli sauce. Add two tablespoons of the sauce into the noodles and toss around until well combine, then serve! :
I did take the photos from all the steps, but I accidentally did something wrong and LOST THEM ALL! 😦 😦 😦
Home-made Pumpkin Noodles + Stir-fried Noodle with Bean sprouts
Ingredient for the noodles: ( serve 4 )
- 500g Plain flour/ All purpose flour ( try to use Tipo ’00’ flour )
- 3 Eggs, large ( for vegan, use water instead, about 150ml )
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- Put the flour on a board or in a bowl. Make a well in the center and crack the eggs into it. Beat the eggs with a fork until smooth. Using the tips of your fingers, mix the eggs with the flour, incorporating a little at a time, until everything is combined. Knead the pieces of dough together – with a bit of work and some love and attention they’ll all blend together to give you one big, smooth lump of dough!
- Once you’ve made your dough you need to knead and work it with your hands to develop the gluten in the flour, otherwise your pasta will be flabby and soft when you cook it, instead of springy and al dente.
- After the smooth dough is formed, wrap in a plastic bag and rest for at least half hour to relax the dough.
- This time I ask my pasta machine for help, make sure it’s clamped firmly to a clean work surface before you start. And clear up everything on the work surface. It makes things easier and quicker to handle.
- Sprinkle the work surface with flour and take an orange size of the dough, and press it flat and roll the dough through the machine, or you can follow the instruction of your pasta machine, Repeat the roll process five to six times, the more to roll through the machine, the dough will be smooth as silk and elastic, add flour in between the roll through process if necessary. Now is getting ready to make the pasta.
- This time, I like to make it into fine noodles, and I use a wooden stick to hold all the noodles and hang it between two chairs back face back. It won’t take long and the noodles are finished.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil, put the noodles/ spaghetti in and cook for a few minutes, because I make my pasta quite thin, so it only takes two minutes, prepare a large bowl of icy cold water and soak the cooked noodles into the cold water to prevent it over cook.
- When the noodles are completely cold, remove to another plate or bowl, toss with a little bit of oil, set aside.
Prepare for the stir-fried noodles & beansprouts:
All the home-made noodles, fresh bean sprouts and a pack of two little gem lettuce. And the seasoning are only soy sauce, oil, a dash of sesame oil and my favourite sweet chilli sauce.
Note: The Sweet Chilli Sauce recipe is here..