Vegan Lemon Curd
I don’t recognize how to appreciate all the clever vegan bloggers, who produce the recipes with all the substitution in our diet, and let us to enjoy more healthy and delectable food. Since I changed into a vegetarian, I feel left alone by family or friends gathering sometimes. But when I started this blog, I have learned more about Veganism, I got all the hints and tips to transfer the dairy (my diet still have little) into vegan, they’re such amazing! If you follow me for a bit of time, you’ll notice that I am having more vegan recipes now.
I necessitate to give a big applause to Kathy, whose blog has lots of wonderful recipes for vegan, and I always find the helping hand from her.
Today’s post is from her as well, but I possess few changes from the original, this lemon curd can spread over the cakes, muffins, pancakes, waffles, or fill in the ordinary lemon tart as well. And I can’t taste the difference with the dairy lemon curd that I made before. So Yummy and tangy ~ that’s the way I prefer it.
Vegan Lemon Curd
- 2 cups Almond milk
- 1 cup Water
- 7 tbsp Corn flour ( I use 6 tbsp corn flour + 1 tbsp water chestnut powder )
- 3 tbsp Custard powder
- 1 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 cups Fresh Lemon juice
- 3/4 – 1 cup non-dairy butter
- Pinch of sea salt
- In a saucepan, mix the water with the corn flour and water chestnut powder (if you use) until all dissolve.
- Add the milk, sugar and lemon juice over medium heat, continuously stir it, add the butter and bring to the boil, add pinch of salt, keep stirring, until the mixture start to bubble and thicken. Off heat.
- Transfer to the sterilized glass jars, cover with the lids. It can keep in the fridge for a week.
- Exchange the almond milk to soy milk if you like.
- Personally, I like my lemon curd a bit tangy, just feel free to add more sugar to your own like.