Chocolate Chip Cookies ~ A gift from my kid
Forgot to tell you all, I got a gift from my kid during the Easter Sunday.
My kid made me some cookies, we have so much fun and happy time playing around in the kitchen, although it was not a good weather, not really bother us.
After all, we have a big feast for our late lunch, but the time was passed too quick, when we finished the meal, it was 5 p.m. already!
Here is the cookies here, wish you all like it!
Easter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup (113g) Soft Soy butter
- 1/2 cup (95g) Raw light Brown Sugar (I like to take away 1 tbsp sugar for my own desire afterwards)
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract, optional
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp Plain flour
- 1 cup Dark chocolate chip
For the icing:
- 2 tbsp Icing sugar + lemon juice, just enough to mix it like soft paste.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/190°C/170°C (fan oven), or gas mark 4.
- Soften the butter with a hand whisk, add sugar and continue to whisk until well combined.
- Add vanilla extract, and sieve in the flour with the chocolate chips as well, use the spatula to fold all ingredients together.
- Chill in the fridge for an hour, roll out and use cookie cutter to stamp out and put on a greased baking tray.
- Bake in the hot oven for around 10 to 13 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool down on a wire rack completely. Spoon the icing in a piping bag, and pipe around the edge of the cookies.