Vegan Strawberry Ricotta Cheesecake ~ df, gf
I am getting mad of experience to make all kinds of vegan cheese since I start eliminating my dairy product in my daily diet. I know I’ll get depressed if I get cut off all the cheese in my life, just like I love my chocolate as well. I haven’t told you that I am a cheese addict and also a chocoholic!
Before I switch to use vegan cheese, I haven’t thought of or even dream of making cheese by myself. Cheese is so easy to buy from the supermarket and not expensive, why should I make it? They’re too complicated and not worth it. But vegan cheese is not that many choices to choose, even they have but the price will let me down, they can’t fit in my tight budget. This is the main reason to lead me to make my own vegan cheese. Frankly, they’re not difficult to make, actually they’re far simpler than the dairy cheese making, and you can get the amazing result. They’re much healthier than you think, and they’re absolutely delicious!
So I highly recommend that you have to try it, join the fun game!
I made vegan cheese before, like vegan cheddar cheese, vegan cream cheese… But I haven’t made ricotta cheese before, I guess I need to have a try and make up a healthy selection for my cheese making journey.
I can tell you this is the best cheesecake that I ever have before, I mean vegan! I am not a liar. Once you try this out, I am so sure you’ll have the same words as me. I can’t tell the difference from the dairy cheese either, even it is gluten-free and soy-free also!
Since I own a box of strawberry in my fridge, I can take the advantage to make the strawberry cheesecake without any hesitation. But I like to adapt a layer of strawberry jelly on top rather than mix the strawberries with the ricotta. So I can have three different adventures to explore the nut base, the vegan ricotta cheese and the vegan strawberry jelly, all in one bite. What a great cake!
Vegan Strawberry Ricotta Cheesecake
For the base:
- 1 cup Hazelnut meal
- 1 tbsp Cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp Maple syrup
- 1 pinch Sea salt
For the Vegan Ricotta cheese:
- 1/4 cup Raw cashew, soak in water, drained
- 1 to 2 tbsp Lemon juice, more or less
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 220g-250g Silken or firm tofu (I prefer firm will be better to make cheesecake)
- Salt and Cayenne pepper to taste
For the Cheesecake :
- 1 1/2 cup Home-made Vegan ricotta cheese
- 2 tbsp Organic coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup Maple syrup
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice, more or less
- 1 1/2 tsp Agar agar powder
- Few drops vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp Pink Himalayan salt
For the Strawberry jelly:
- 1 to 2 cups Strawberry, chopped into small pieces
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 to 3 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tsp Agar Agar powder
- For the vegan ricotta cheese: Put the first three ingredients into a food processor and process until a smooth paste has formed. Once everything is nice and smooth, break the tofu into pieces and add into the blender, work again to achieve a nice smooth consistency. Season with sea salt and cayenne pepper, taste, adjust more seasoning if needed, keep in an airtight container and chill in the fridge for later to use.
- For the base: Blend all ingredients together in a food processor until it starts to come together. Press the crust into the bottom of a spring form baking pan. Chill in the fridge while you preparing the filling.
- For the Cheesecake filling: Melt the coconut oil in the mircowave and add the agar agar powder, whisk until well combine and without any lumps. Put all the ingredients into a blender and work until a creamy texture. Pour on top of the base and chill it to set.
- For the Strawberry jelly topping: Chop the strawberries into small pieces. Put the lemon juice, sugar, agar agar powder and berries in a pan, bring it to the boil, simmer for 2 minutes. Leave to cool, pour over the cheesecake filling and put it back in the fridge until the jelly set completely.
- Decorate the cake with sliced strawberry and some lemon zest.
Here is the Chinese translate:
- 1 杯 任何你喜歡的豆，例如杏仁，腰果，榛 子，開心果或者夏威夷果仁都得
- 1 湯匙 可可粉
- 3 湯匙 楓葉糖漿
- 1/4 杯 生腰果，浸水，最好浸过夜，索乾水份備用
- 1 – 2 湯匙新鲜檸檬汁
- 1 湯匙 菜油
- 220克 實豆腐
- 1 1/2杯 上面的素芝士
- 2 湯匙有机纯天然的椰子油，溶解了的
- 1/4 杯楓葉糖漿
- 1 湯匙檸檬汁
- 1 1/2 茶匙寒天粉
- 幾滴vanilla 香油
- 1/4 茶匙海盬
- 1 至 2 杯新鲜草莓，洗净，切细
- 1/3 杯 糖
- 1/4 杯水
- 2 茶匙寒天粉
- 做豆付芝士: 將最先的三樣材料放入攪拌机内打至幼滑，將豆付撕碎放入机内—齊再打，記得豆付—定要索乾水粉，跟住加盬和辣椒粉調味，要自己試味啊，放入雪柜保存！
- 餅底做法: 將所有材料放入攪拌机打至面包糠狀態，記住不要打得過度。然後用湯匙括平在焗盆内，放入雪柜待用！
- 芝士層做法: 用微波炉溶了椰子油，加入寒天粉，攪勻，將所有材料放入攪拌机內打至幼滑，倒在餅底上，抹平再放入雪柜！
- 啫喱層做法: 將草莓切碎，放入檸檬汁，糖，寒天粉，全部放入煲内，加熱，大概煑兩分鈡。待涼，然後倒在雪凍的芝士層上，再—次放入雪柜雪至凝固。